Wednesday, April 22, 2020

April

Monthly community service hours: 2 hours

Cumulative community service hours: 21 hours



Finishing this program online has definitely been interesting! I certainly have a lot more time to study but I miss seeing everyone everyday. There have been some definite ups and down but it hasn't been all bad. I started volunteering virtually with an organization called HandOn New Orleans in conjunction with Phone a Friend & Serve our Seniors Meal Delivery Program. I contact five seniors twice every week within the New Orleans community and ensure they get their free food deliveries every Monday and Friday. Not only that but I can voice any concerns my clients may have and I think our consistent communication helps alleviate some of the social isolation these folk are experiencing. Additionally, I am able point them in the right direction if they're struggling with anything else like inability to pickup medications.

Alas, I was placed on the wait list at Tulane, but I remain optimistic (and persistent) nonetheless. Keeping my fingers crossed that they pull me off but I'll be applying Early Decision if not come May 4th. This program has helped pave the way to my career and I am so happy I did it. I have gained exceptionally valuable information and met incredible people. I honestly wish the Pharmacology program was longer, can we add a couple more semesters?


Pharmacology Christmas Party 2019



No comments:

Post a Comment

April

Monthly community service hours: 2 hours Cumulative community service hours: 21 hours Finishing this program online has definitely been...