Monday, March 23, 2020

March

Monthly community service hours: 3 hours hours

Cumulative community service hours: 19 hours


I think this last month has been pretty crazy for the lot of us.  It’s hard to come to terms with how quickly the world is changing.  I was concerned about COVID-19 a couple months back but was naive to how drastically it would change my day to day experiences.  I miss Tulane, the Pharm program, and seeing my friends every day.  My volunteer program abruptly ended as well so I’m finding myself at home 99.9% of the time.  It is difficult to find a silver lining in all this but I am trying.  I’ve put my contact information in for a few volunteer programs to help with COVID relief and am working at the urgent care still.  PPE supplies are short and we have to reuse our N95s.  It’s complicated because I don’t want to expose anyone to the virus but I also want to help the community in some way during this difficult time.  It helps to have something to study, a garden to nourish, and a dog to walk.... so I’m thankful for that.   I’ve always thrived under structure and this whole ordeal has been anything but structured!  I hope everyone stays healthy and stays safe.

Sunrise at Tulane's Undergraduate Campus as seen on walk with dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

April

Monthly community service hours: 2 hours Cumulative community service hours: 21 hours Finishing this program online has definitely been...